Is your 2017 writing goal to get published by one of your favorite websites?
The Write Life is looking for contributors.
The Write Life seeks practical, actionable advice on writing, pieces that will help writers on their own writing journey.
Here are some topics we’d love to publish more about:
- How to earn money writing — our best posts include the author’s experience and advice or feature another writer who has been successful
- Advanced tips for freelance writers, including strategies for earning a living as a freelancer
- Ideas for running and growing your own blog — unique ideas we haven’t heard before are best
- List posts a la “34 Travel Magazines and Websites That Pay Freelance Writers” and “15 of the Best YouTube Channels for Writers”
- Advice from people who work in the writing world: editors, literary agents, publishers, illustrators, etc. If that’s you, we’d love to hear what you have to say!
- Tips and tricks for traditional book publishing and self-publishing
- Stories of writers who have seen success… a la “This Writer Used X to Earn X This Year”
- Personal essays on writing like this post: “How Anne Lamott Helped This Woman Beat Writer’s Block”
We pay our contributors: $75 per post, and often more for regular contributors with writing experience.
(New contributors must write their first piece for The Write Life with link as payment. After a successful first post, they may choose link or payment.)
Contributors looking to send readers to their website, portfolio or book can opt for a link in their bio in lieu of payment. We see about 450,000 page views each month and have 40,000 email subscribers.
Ready to get started? Consult this checklist:
- To get a sense for the type of work we publish, read our site! That’s the best way to familiarize yourself with our voice and style.
- Then, check out our contributor guidelines. PS: We love writers who pay close attention to detail and submit their posts in our preferred manner.
- Hit send on submission! Please share your Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure we can edit it!
- Please allow two weeks for a response to your pitch or submission before following up (We get a lot of ‘em!).
What topics would you like to see covered on The Write Life this year? Share in the comments — you might spark an idea for a future contributor (or yourself)!