Hello there, writers!
My name is Jessica Lawlor and I am the new managing editor of The Write Life.
Wow, that feels pretty awesome to write.
You may recognize my name (or perhaps, my words). I’ve been a contributing writer around these parts for quite some time. I’m an avid supporter, reader, and let’s face it, superfan, of The Write Life and TWL founder, Alexis Grant.
Let’s get acquainted
A little bit about me:
- At heart, I’m a writer. It’s what I’ve always done. It’s what I do now. I blog about stepping outside your comfort zone and dabble with creative fiction, too.
- I’m a voracious reader. When I was three years old, my parents gave me a basket of books for Christmas, and I refused to open my other presents until I was finished reading each and every book. #NerdAlert
- I quit a safe career in public relations in December to take my communications consulting, blog/brand, speaking and teaching full time. I’m documenting this journey in a series called Becoming CEO (juicy income breakdowns included, if you’re into that sort of thing). I wear *many* hats: communications professional, consultant, blogger, writer, editor, yoga teacher, adjunct professor…the list goes on. I’ve cobbled all of my passions into a career.
Now, I want to learn about you!
As a contributing writer for the site, I already know The Write Life’s community is passionate and engaged.
As managing editor, I want to work even harder to make sure our team is delivering you high-quality and valuable information that makes you a stronger writer, helps you earn money writing and moves you closer to your writing dreams.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Leave a comment in the post below introducing yourself. I’d love to say hi!
- Like us on Facebook and join our private Facebook community to connect with more writers, just like you.
- Join our email community for even more writing tips.
- Become a contributor to The Write Life. Our inbox is open to your guest-post pitches. Be sure to check out our submission guidelines before sending your pitch.
For those who have been part of The Write Life community for the last year, you’ve been reading the meticulously edited words of the wonderful Lisa Rowan, editor and writer extraordinaire. Please join me in a big round of internet applause for Lisa for the dedication, creativity and love she’s poured into this site. I have very large shoes to fill. We’ll miss Lisa, but she’s onto new adventures in Florida at The Penny Hoarder. We wish her very well!
A new chapter unfolds…
Until next time,
Managing Editor, The Write Life